These vegan fudge bars are dense, rich in chocolate and naturally sweetened with maple syrup and dates. They are also easy to make and vegan-friendly.
I like to use whole nuts in my recipes but you can replace them with nut butter for more convenience. And the great thing about this recipe is you can make alternative flavours using different nuts and by adding dried fruits.
WHAT LARDER INGREDIENTS WILL I NEED FOR THIS RECIPE?
For this vegan fudge bar recipe all you need are these 7 ingredients:
- Shredded coconut
- Coconut oil
- Dutch cocoa
- Maple syrup
- Medjool dates
- Sea salt
WHAT VARIATIONS AND SUBSTITUTIONS CAN I MAKE?
As mentioned at the beginning of this blog recipe there are lots of ways to create different flavoured bars. Simply try different nuts or kinds of butter and try adding dried fruits.
Alternative chocolate fudge bar flavours
- Sesame seeds or Tahini
- Peanuts or peanut butter
- Pumpkin seeds
Dried fruit fillings
What combination would you choose for your vegan fudge bar recipe?
Let me know in the comments!
- Food processor
- Baking pan or tin 20×20 cm (8×8 inch)
Serving: one vegan fudge bar
Nutrition information can vary for a recipe based on factors such as precision of measurements, brands, ingredient freshness, or the source of nutrition data.
I strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but make no warranties regarding its accuracy.
I encourage you to make your own calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.
These vegan fudge bars will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to a week in an airtight container.
Freezer: They also freeze well for up to 2 months. To defrost simply leave on the kitchen worktop for half an hour. Serve at room temperature.
© THE GOURMET LARDER All images and content are copyright protected.
Please follow my Sharing policy if you would like to use or share any part of this post.
READY TO MAKE YOUR VEGAN FUDGE BARS ?
Vegan Fudge Bars
- 200 g shredded coconut
- 160 g whole almonds
- 75 g coconut oil (5 tbsp)
- 120 g Medjool dates
- 60 g maple syrup (4 tbsp)
- 60 g Dutch cocoa powder (6 tbsp)
- 1 pinch fine sea salt
- 6 tbsp shredded coconut or almond slices
- Line 20×20 cm pan with plastic wrap or parchment paper and set aside.
- Prep: Place the shredded coconut and the almonds into a food processor and mix for 3-4 minutes, until the mixture resembles a puree. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- If you are lucky enough to have a powerful food processor you will find that the mixture becomes smooth like butter, giving you a nice smooth consistency to the finished slice.
- Once you have reached this stage, add the coconut oil and the dates, continue processing for a further minute to get a liquid consistency.
- Next, add the Dutch cocoa powder, maple syrup and sea salt. Mix until thoroughly combined, scraping down sides as needed.
- Place the mixture into the prepared loaf tin or box and spread into an even layer.
- Decorating: Sprinkle the top with more shredded coconut, almond slices or topping based on the nuts or seeds used.
- Refrigeration: Cover with parchment or plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour until firm to the touch.
- Serving: I like to cut the block into half and then cut it diagonally to create triangle slices, but if you prefer you can cut them into rectangles.
IF YOU LIKE THIS FUDGE BAR RECIPE YOU MIGHT LIKE THESE VEGAN RECIPES:
Please let me know how it turned out for you!
I love to hear your feedback and I am always looking to improve the Gourmet Larder blog, please leave your thoughts and a rating using the comments section below!