Sour cherry pudding, crunchy around the edges and creamy in the middle. It has a cake-like texture but is best eaten with a spoon. So simple to make and I love it served warm with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream on the side.
WHAT LARDER INGREDIENTS WILL I NEED FOR THIS RECIPE?
What you will need for this recipe are these 8 ingredients:
- Sour cherries
- Brown or demerara sugar
- Cream or milk
- Plain flour
- Baking powder
- Sea salt
- Ground cinnamon
WHAT VARIATIONS AND SUBSTITUTIONS CAN I MAKE?
Fruit: Try other fruits like raspberries, strawberries, peaches or apricots.
- Mixing bowls
- Digital scale
- Baking dish 20-25cm (8-inch)
Serving: one portion
Nutrition information can vary for a recipe based on factors such as precision of measurements, brands, ingredient freshness, or the source of nutrition data.
I strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but make no warranties regarding its accuracy.
I encourage you to make your own calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.
STORAGE AND FREEZING OPTIONS
This sour cherry pudding is best eaten whilst still warm. It is just enough for 4 people with ice cream and I never have any leftovers 🙂
© THE GOURMET LARDER. All images and content are copyright protected.
Please follow my Sharing Policy if you would like to use or share any part of this post.
READY TO MAKE YOUR SOUR CHERRY PUDDING ?
Sour Cherry Pudding
- 350 g sour cherries (250 g pitted)
- 100 g soft brown sugar (plus 1 tbsp extra for top)
- 100 g butter (melted, plus more for greasing)
- 100 ml cream or milk
- 100 g plain or all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch fine sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan / 400°F / Gas 6
- Grease or line a 20-25 cm (8 inch) baking dish with butter. Set aside.
- Sour cherries: In a small bowl, add the pitted sour cherries with half the brown sugar, mix and set aside.
- Cake batter: In a medium bowl, mix the melted butter, remaining sugar, cream (or milk) and salt.
- Then add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and continue mixing until the batter is smooth.
- Scrape the batter into the greased baking dish and spread evenly until level.
- Spoon the sour cherries and all their juices over the top of the cake batter.
- Finally, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of brown sugar over the top.
- Baking: Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving warm with ice cream.
IF YOU LIKED THIS SOUR CHERRY PUDDING RECIPE YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Please let me know how it turned out for you!
I love to hear your feedback and I am always looking to improve the Gourmet Larder blog, please leave your thoughts and a rating using the comments section below!